- I'll never pressure you to give to the United Way or other charity because your employer said so.
I will try to work out schedules if you are donating your time and it doesn't really interfere with anything.
- I'll never ask you to do something I wouldn't do.
I will ask you to do something because you are better at it than I am.
- I'll never pressure you into after work social events. Not everybody likes free football tickets.
I might spread the word about a cool user group topic that is coming up though. You really don't want the free tickets?
- I'll never ask you to work thru lunch or whenever it is you eat.
I might invite you to go out to lunch with me, I might even want to buy.
- I'll never ask you to evaluate your peers.
That's my job to decide if another team member isn't pulling his/her weight. You can tell me if it's hurting your timeline, but I'll not force you to do it. I will ask you to evaluate me.
- I'll never ask you to play some stupid team building game and reveal your inner most secrets.
I can always look on your Facebook for that sort of thing. I might ask you to play Halo sometime, though try not to frag me too much. I like to play but am not very good.
- I'll never ask you to remind me when a meeting is or when I veer off course. I know my responsibility. But if I am late, txt me with all caps and pick on me about it. I won't retaliate.
I will tell you when your veering off course and I'll tell you really early.
I think there is enough pressure at work to get the job done. A lot of the office politics is really old fashioned. The workplace is full of diverse individuals. You have a life. I'm asking for a lot of it, so I'll try to treat you fairly. Hopefully the company we work for treats us as well as we treat each other.